Calcium chloride was sprayed on the dirt track at Beulah Park for the June 1930 automobile race.  The spray was intended to reduce the amount of dust created as the cars rounded the one-mile track.  The 100-mile Gasoline Derby, as it was called, attracted drivers from the Columbus area and from Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, and Pennsylvania.  

Source: The Grove City Record