Fairs and festivals started in Grove City as early as 1895 when a county-wide fair was held at what is now known as Beulah Park.  The White family owned a half mile horse pacing and trotting track adjacent the fair property and the Grove City festival committee leased the White property during the fairs and festivals.  

The name Beulah Park likely came into being around 1883 after Adam G. Grant purchased the site.  It was originally a community park for the Village of Grove City.  One of its early attractions was a steam powered merry-go-round.

The Franklin County Fair hosted a fair in Grove City until the park was sold in 1918.  That’s when the county fair relocated to Hilliard.  Beulah Park eventually was developed for horse racing and with improvements, 135 new stalls were constructed.  The track opened in 1923 as Ohio’s first thoroughbred race track.