Ned Breckenridge was the first person to open a grocery store west of Grove City’s railroad tracks in June 1953 on Grove City Pike. The grocery, operating as Breck’s Market, offered meat and dairy products and a refrigerated section of fresh fruits and vegetables.
When Breckenridge decided to leave the grocery business, he sold it to the Massenelli family who relocated their business to Grove City from Columbus. Massenelli’s Market is still remembered for its fine meat department and fresh turkeys during the holiday season. The Massenelli business sign is located at the museum along with the sign from Haughn Road IGA that today is occupied by South-Western City Schools.