After William Foster Breck died in 1864, his wife, Elizabeth began to sell their property so she could move East to live her remaining years with a son. Their property passed through several land owners until around 1883 when Adam G. Grant purchased 47.1 acres of the former Breck property. That land was west of Broadway, then known as Columbus Harrisburg Free Pike. The plat stopped just on the west side of the railroad tracks.
The first recorded mention of A. G. Grant’s Beulah Subdivision was in 1897. Fannie and Herbert Baumann are believed to be the first persons to purchase lots in the subdivision. They purchased two lots for $100 in 1889.