• Harrisburg, Ohio was originally spelled with an “h” at the end of the village name.
  • A Cherokee Indian chief once lived at Miller’s Station in Jackson Township.  He was an Army scout.
  • An Urbancrest native became the first African American bishop in the American Lutheran Church.
  • A large pack of wolves once lived where the Gardens at Gantz Farm is located today.
  • The first school in Jackson Township was located at Borrors Corners at Rt. 665 and Rt. 104.
  • Grove City High School takes its school name from the Greyhound Race Track where OLPH is today.
  • Beulah Park and the Beulah Addition were named for Adam Grant’s daughter.
  • Jackson Township residents once used refrigerated storage lockers to preserve meats.
  • The Columbus and Cincinnati Midland Railroad built the rail lines through Grove City in 1883.