The initial attraction at the Grove City Welcome Center and Museum, 3378 Park Street, was a 1912 Model T Ford donated by Mr. and Mrs. Louis Eyerman, members of the Southwest Franklin County Historical Society.
The Eyermans were the third owners of this classic vehicle. Louis and Joan purchased it in 1985 from Earl Trego. Trego, a Grove City resident, purchased it from Carl DeLong of London, Ohio in 1941.
The museum’s Model T was build a year before the Ford plant introduced an assembly line as a means to increase production and lower costs. When new, the vehicle sold for $690.
Top speed was 35 miles per hour. Lighting on the vehicle is a mixture of kerosene lanterns and carbide gas headlights. Carbide gas hats were worn by miners to illumination work areas in coal mines.