Harrisburg, just south of Grove City on the Franklin/Pickaway county line, was once a place where stagecoaches stopped for fresh horses. The stagecoach destination was originally called White Hall, later known as the United States Hotel operated by John P. Bolin, proprietor.
A trip from Cincinnati to Columbus took nine and one half hours by stage and Harrisburg had the nickname of Mudsock. There was one other hotel in Harrisburg known as the National House also on Columbus Street, operated by Samuel Hill according to a history of the village compiled by Ruth Wallace.
The old building, once located at High and Columbus streets, burned in 1915. There is no record when it was first constructed.